Wednesday 6 November 2013

Cadbury Dairy Milk: Pebbles


Product name: Cadbury Dairy Milk: Pebbles
Purchase details:
£1.49 for a 140g bag (Home Bargains)
Calories:
175 for a 35g serving
Country of origin:
UK
 

I love a good sharing bag (well, I love the bag – I don’t do the sharing!) so I was looking forward to trying these Cadbury Dairy Milk: Pebbles for the first time.


The bag in question was attractive and glossy in appearance with a deep Cadbury purple border, and an image of demonstrating Pebbles carrying placards saying ‘joy for all’, ‘delicious chocolate’ and ‘all natural colours’, on a sky blue background with clouds – I’m not sure if this was Mondelez’s way of suggesting it was a Heavenly product? The fact that one of these Pebbles was actual size was a nice touch too. I did wonder why the bag was so big, though – there was no shortage of content but there was a stupid amount of plastic left over!


The Pebbles themselves were solid Dairy Milk chocolate in ‘crisp’ sugar shells. I did think the wrapper’s depiction was slightly bizarre in that the edges of the Pebbles appeared to be ridged and, therefore, resembled flying saucer sweets. However, this turned out not to be the case, with the unusually coloured purple, yellow and brown oval shapes being smooth all around. Really, they were like flattened Mini Eggs without the dusting and with smoother, though still matt, shells. 


The sugar coatings seemed pretty thin and, as a result, quite a lot of the Pebbles were chipped. However, this didn’t prevent them being attractive, and the purple ones actually reminded me of Milka Schoko Drops.


The chocolate filling was thick in appearance and contained a minimum of 20% milk and cocoa solids each. It also provided the main smell which was strong, chocolatey, and the same as the Mini Eggs aroma.


The sugar shells were really sweet and reminded me a lot of Nestlé Smarties. Despite their thin appearance, they were also very crispy and crunchy. The different colours didn’t seem to provide different flavours.

The Dairy Milk was as sweet, milky and chocolatey as ever and was nice and solid to chew on. It also melted nicely having allowed the sugar shells to dissolve first.

As much as I enjoyed these Pebbles, I don’t think their flat shape was ideal as, when chewing, the ratio meant there was a lot more shell mixed up in the chocolate and I found this got in the way a bit. That’s not to say they were texturally bad – I just don’t think they worked quite as well as Mini Eggs. They did taste great, though, and it’s nice to have this kind of product available all year round. 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...