Saturday 18 October 2014

Walkers Paul's Pulled Pork In A Sticky BBQ Sauce



Product name: Walkers Paul’s Pulled Pork In A Sticky BBQ Sauce
Purchase details:
£0.99 for a multipack of six bags (Home Bargains)
Calories:
132 per 25g bag
Country of origin:
UK


The deadline for voting for Do Us A Flavour may have passed but I’m still working my way through the selection 2 bag I picked up on a Spotted On Star Buys promotion! These Walkers Paul’s Pulled Pork In A Sticky BBQ Sauce were a bit of a mouthful but it was also the flavour my colleagues had absolutely raved about so I couldn’t wait to try them.


Pushing past the pink packaging that reminded me of dreaded prawn cocktail flavoured crisps, I was interested to see that that this variety contained pork from Norfolk, just like Extra Crunchy: Sticky BBQ rib. I’d already suspected that these flavours would be similar, and they certainly smelt alike too.


I’ve only had pulled pork a couple of times but these crisps did do a good job of capturing the slightly sweetened aspect of the sauce. They seemed to taste smokier than the Extra Crunchy: Sticky BBQ rib (they specifically contained ‘smoke flavour’) but they had the standard crisp texture rather than the thicker, crunchier one I’d love with the Extra Crunchy variety.


I definitely really enjoyed these pulled pork-inspired crisps but I did find it a bit odd that Walkers shortlisted a flavour that was so similar to an existing product. Still, when they tasted this good, it was hard to care!

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...