Monday 13 October 2014

Popchips Sea Salt & Vinegar



Product name: Popchips Sea Salt & Vinegar
Purchase details:
£0.99 for an 85g bag (tesco.com)
Calories:
94 per 23g serving (349 per bag)
Country of origin:
Europe

It’s time for me to try another flavour of Popchips from my stash: Sea Salt & Vinegar.


These chips were the same concept again as the Barbeque and Original varieties but, this time, the packaging was a gorgeous shade of turquoise.


The bag contained 3.5+ servings of 18 chips which featured ‘the tangiest pairing of flavours since, well, ever!’ and these discs had a very strong, tingly vinegar scent that went right up the nose...I quite liked it in a weird kind of way!


Interestingly, the flavour wasn’t as strong as the scent had suggested. The base flavour was very much like Popchips Original, but much less salty, and this was well-balanced with the barley malt vinegar which had a cooling effect, lifted the flavour, but wasn’t overpowering and didn’t sting the lips. In relation to more traditional salt and vinegar crisps, these had a much starchier taste, as well as the same enjoyable texture as the other Popchips I’ve reviewed.


I found these Popchips Sea Salt & Vinegar to be another great part of the range and I can’t wait to tuck into the smaller bags that Popchips kindly sent me recently!

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...