Wednesday 29 October 2014

Kingdom Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Centre



Product name: Kingdom Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Centre
Calories:
168 per 30g serving (560 per 100g bar)
Country of origin:
England

You may remember that I was recently lucky enough to win a few bars of Kingdom chocolate from their Facebook page. It was this Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Centre variety that I’ve wanted to try for ages and, over a month since my last Kingdom review, I was mightily impressed with myself for having resisted it for so long! However, the time has now come for me to review this little beauty.


I described the brand’s characteristics in my review of the Dark Chocolate Lemon & Lime Centre bar and these were unchanged here. Once again, the wrapper used an unusual colour combination, and I just loved the use of amber and purple in this case. The slab itself had broken in transit but it was clear that its design was also the same.


The bar used the same chocolate as the Milk Chocolate & Cappuccino Coffee Centre for 90% of the product, containing a minimum of 34% cocoa solids and 27% milk solids. As for the other 10% of the bar, this was simply ‘peanut paste’.


Part of me had really wanted this bar to have a pure, squidgy peanut butter centre but the reality was a filling that was a very similar colour to the Cappuccino one – it had a few added speckles but it certainly wasn’t the orangey shade of peanut butter I’d expected.


In terms of scent, the main smell was the milk chocolate but, even so, this was pretty weak. At a push, I’d say there was a slight hint of nuts, but this certainly wasn’t a strong peanut butter aroma. The flavour, though, was beautiful, and it was absolutely not a problem that the filling hadn’t been taken from a jar. The milk chocolate was good quality and, when melting, the peanut butter flavour came through subtly, at first, but got stronger as the centre was reached. This softened filling provided salty kicks here and there, which were very welcome, and also had a slightly grainy texture.

The chewing texture of the bar was the same as the Milk Chocolate & Cappuccino Coffee Centre and I found it split the two elements in two a little more, with the peanut butter flavour coming through a bit later. I probably would have preferred a slightly thinner chocolate shell but there was absolutely no shortage of the nutty filling and I enjoyed every mouthful.

I definitely saved the best until last with my Kingdom reviews and this Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Centre definitely deserved a big thumbs up from me...why don’t all chocolates have peanut butter centres?! 

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
6.5/10
Taste:
8.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...