Thursday 9 October 2014

Cadbury Wispa



Product name: Cadbury Wispa
Purchase details:
£1.00 for a multipack of four bars (Tesco Superstore)
Calories:
167 per 30.5g bar
Country of origin:
UK

The Cadbury Wispa must be a favourite in my family because, before I was born, we had a cat named after it! I never truly appreciated them, though, until they made a come-back when I was in Sixth Form, and I found myself buying quite a few on my breaks.


This Mondelez ‘textured milk chocolate bar’ was a very simple concept, really, and the relatively plain purple/navy blue wrapper reflected that. Like the Wispa: Gold, it contained a minimum of 14% milk solids and 25% cocoa solids, and it had the same outward appearance and scent – the main differences were the lack of caramel and the considerably smaller size due to being from a multipack!


The bubbles inside the bar were more noticeable in this plain format so it was easier to see their tiny size and how this caused them to compress when the bar was cut into. Its composition also provided a soft chew and interesting melt since the chocolate didn’t quite feel solid but the spaces weren’t big enough to cause it to collapse under pressure either.


As for the flavour, the chocolate was decent enough – the emphasis was on a sweetness rather than a powerful cocoa flavour but its simplicity was delicious and it left me wanting more.


I’m so glad these stuck around after their re-release!

Appearance: 7/10
Aroma:
7.5/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7/10
Overall score:
7.25/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...