Friday 15 August 2014

Nestlé Lion: White



Product name: Nestlé Lion: White
Purchase details:
£0.29 for a 42g bar (Home Bargains)
Calories:
200 per bar
Country of origin:
Poland

I’ve not had a Nestlé Lion: White for a while but it is a bar I love. Featuring the usual Lion branding, the creamy wrapper looked appetising, and it stated that that the ‘caramel filled wafer (35.7%)’ was now ‘more crunchy’.


Interestingly and, perhaps worryingly, the coating that made up 39.5% of the product wasn’t white chocolate but a ‘white glaze’. Remembering that the Peanut version was covered in a ‘cocoa icing’ rather than chocolate, but still tasted ok, I decided not to be put off by this.


The bar was a really, really pale white colour – closer to snow than ordinary white chocolate! Some brown from the filling was visible through this but I wouldn’t have described it as a thin coating. Inside, the bar had the same brilliant appearance as the Peanut, although the cereal didn’t look as prominent against the white backdrop as it had done against the darker one.


I really liked the deep, sweet milky scent that came from the bar. It didn’t smell like white chocolate but it reminded me of vanilla candles instead – I could have sniffed it all day long!

Once again, the bar was very crispy, but it was hard to differentiate between the wafer and the cereal. There was no added crunch here, due to the absence of peanuts, but the caramel remained chewy and provided a delicious juicy flavour. The different elements of the bar combined to provide a thick texture in every mouthful and I enjoyed the extremely sweet flavour from the glaze. I don’t know if it was the white chocolate and wafer combination that reminded me of the Nestlé Princessa: Kokosowa, but I could have sworn there was a coconut flavour in there too! There was no mention of this on the ingredients list though...

As much as I enjoyed this tasty Lion: White, I think I would have preferred it if it had been coated in proper white chocolate. However, it was still a very good product, even with the fakery!

Appearance: 9/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
7.5/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...