Tuesday 20 May 2014

Mrs. Freshley's Mini Donuts: Cinnamon



Product name: Mrs. Freshley’s Mini Donuts: Cinnamon
Purchase details:
£2.50 for an 85g packet of six doughnuts (A Quarter of Sweets)
Calories:
360 per pack
Country of origin:
USA 

At the time of purchasing my pack of Mrs. Freshley's Mini Donuts: Crunch, I also picked up this Cinnamon variety. I was a little bit more eager to try this version as it’s a spice I love and, although I think it’s a pretty common concept in America, I’d never actually had cinnamon on a doughnut before.


Again made by the Flowers Food Speciality Group, this product was exactly the same concept as the Crunch Donuts, but was more attractive due to its pale and speckled pinky-brown ‘cinnamon sugar coating’. The flavour was represented by a burnt orange colour on the familiar packaging and, as before, the recipe was apparently new and improved.


The Mini Donuts were soft and velvety to the touch and had a deep, warming cinnamon scent. The overall cinnamon flavour was the same kind of strength as Nestlé Curiously Cinnamon cereal and I found this developed on the rear tastebuds during each mouthful. The taste of the doughnut itself wasn’t as evident as with the Crunch version, although there was a baked sweetness there, but this hardly mattered as the cinnamon coating was so flavoursome and delicious!


The soft dough also didn’t feel dry this time – possibly as a result of the coating. I adored the texture as the powder was cooling and melted on the tongue like icing sugar. It felt like a thick layer and, for me, really lifted the whole experience.


I think it’s safe to say I have a new favourite product from Mrs. Freshley’s – fabulous!

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
8/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...