Tuesday 21 January 2014

Klik Vanilla 'N Fudge



Product name: Klik Vanilla ‘N Fudge
Purchase details:
£1.40 for a 75g bag (Tesco)
Calories:
504 per 100g (378 per bag)
Country of origin:
Israel
 

Another Klik product today in the form of Vanilla ‘N Fudge (let’s just ignore the missing apostrophe!).


These white and milk chocolate covered corn puffs came in a bag that was designed in the same way as the Cornflakes and Kariot-Pillows but, this time, the colour scheme was brown.


Made by Unilever Israel Foods Ltd and ‘imported and distributed by’ Empire Foodbrokers Ltd, this treat seemed like a simple concept, with the small, glossy balls looking like slightly bigger versions of the pieces you get in pots of Müller Corner: Crunch! (vanilla choco balls). 


I wasn’t quite sure where this Klik product got its name – I figured the white chocolate would either have a vanilla taste whilst the milk had a fudge flavour, or it was purely down to colour scheme provided by the contrasting chocolates.



The chocolate itself had a standard appearance, whilst the inner cereal filling looked a bit like Kellogg’s Corn Pops, providing a pale yellow colour that didn’t stand out much against the white chocolate.

The milk chocolate contained a minimum of 29% cocoa solids and, combined with the 30% minimum present in the white chocolate, provided a sweet chocolate smell which was the same as the Kariot-Pillows' aroma. Both chocolates were really creamy and I enjoyed the cocoa element of the milk chocolate too – it seemed to be of a better quality and it melted better than the other Klik products I’ve tried.

The corn cereal was just that, really, delivering a really crispy experience and going very well with the proper chocolate coatings. As basic a snack as this ultimately was, it was extremely yummy, and I loved how, even when eating the two types of chocolate together, the white chocolate flavour didn’t get lost in the way it often does when competing with milk chocolate.

I honestly didn’t expect this snack to score quite so highly but, if you want a simple yet satisfying snack, I’d highly recommend it. Once again, I felt there was a generous portion in the bag, and I enjoyed every mouthful.

I’m still not entirely sure why the name ‘Vanilla ‘N Fudge’ was chosen, but I’ll let that go! 

Appearance: 8/10
Aroma:
7/10
Taste:
8/10
Texture:
8.5/10
Overall score:
7.88/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...