Sunday 5 January 2014

Brontë Apple And Cinnamon Biscuits



Product name: Brontë Apple And Cinnamon Biscuits
Country of origin:
UK
 

I definitely saved the best until last with the Brontë biscuits from my recent hotel stay. I was hoping that this pack of two Apple And Cinnamon Biscuits would be quite Christmassy and they certainly seemed appropriate for the time of year.


Once again presented in pale yellow and deep red packaging with no nutritional information, these ‘delicious biscuits made with apple chunks and a hint of cinnamon’ by Paterson Arran Ltd contained rolled oats and 9% apple pieces (these, in turn, consisted of 46% dried apple and 9% apple juice concentrate).


The biscuits were very dark in appearance and they certainly seemed well-cooked since they were hard to snap in two. The oats created a knobbly finish and, up close, it was possible to see the mixed spices that this product contained, as well as the apple pieces.


The biscuits smelt fantastic. The cinnamon was very noticeable and it reminded me of homemade oatmeal raisin cookies. This was also the case with the taste since, whilst the fruit flavour was evident, I would have assumed that this, too, was raisin if I hadn’t known it was apple. The cinnamon was lovely and strong (more than ‘a hint’!) and I loved how the outer layer of the really crunchy biscuits added a caramelised and slightly burnt element to the flavour. In contrast with this crunchiness, the apple pieces added a welcome, slight chewiness.

I really enjoyed these Brontë Apple And Cinnamon Biscuits and think they could only be improved by visiting the factory and trying one warm and fresh from the oven! 

Appearance: 7.5/10
Aroma:
8.5/10
Taste:
8.5/10
Texture:
8/10
Overall score:
8.13/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...