Friday 12 July 2013

Shaken Udder Vanillalicious!



Product name: Shaken Udder Vanillalicious!
Purchase details:
Tesco Superstore
Calories:
221 per bottle
Country of origin:
Britain

Time for another review that’s resulted from my lovely Higgidy picnic prize (see here). This Shaken Udder Vanillalicious! bottle is usually £1.29 in Tesco but I used my voucher to claim a very welcome free bottle.



Usually, I try to avoid drinking calories as I am such a big food lover. However, I was willing to make an exception for this delicious looking ‘milk drink with vanilla beans’. The liquid was an attractive creamy colour with very visible vanilla beans which is a feature I love to see in vanilla products.



I know people often criticise vanilla for being bland and boring, but it’s a flavour I’ve always loved. I’m particularly obsessed with its aroma – give me a vanilla scented candle and I’m happy!  Imagine my delight, then, when I unscrewed the cap of this bottle to release an incredible scent which was just like the candles but with the added bonus of being able to taste the product once I was bored of sniffing it. I should add, there was also a milky element to the smell, and so this aroma was not an artificial one.

Before trying this product, I gave the bottle a good shake, and the result was a texture that was slightly thicker than milk in its natural form. However, this difference was only slight, and the drink certainly wasn’t as thick as some milkshakes I’ve tried (presumably due to the absence of ice cream). Personally, I would have preferred the liquid to be slightly thicker, but I did enjoy the silkiness that came with the thinner version.

As for the flavour, I could taste both the milk and the sweet vanilla and, overall, felt that the drink tasted pleasantly like custard. The only down-side of this was that the thin texture made the experience slightly unusual as it was neither one thing or the other.

I really enjoyed how refreshing this bottle of Shaken Udder was, and I was also relieved that it made me feel full, despite being a drink rather than food. However, I did find it slightly sickly so would only drink it occasionally in future.

Appearance:
8/10
Aroma:
9.5/10
Taste:
7/10
Texture:
7.5/10
Overall score:
8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think - I love reading all your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...